Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weekend Fun with my mom & the Rice's

Last weekend, we had house guests. My mom brought up the Rice Family to stay with us until Sunday. We had lots of fun stuff planned during their stay.

On Thursday night, we ate at Hooters. When I asked Corbin, the 8 year old, what he wanted to do when he came to KC, he said "eat at Hooters." His mom Kirstan shook her head at his response. When I asked him why he wanted to eat at Hooters he said "because there at hot girls there!" How cute is that?!?!?! So, we began our trip with dinner at Hooters. The Shaffers met us there and we had a great time.

Logan & Kirstan


Corbin, our waitress & Aidan


Me & Logan - I just LOVE this girl!!!!


Me & Lexie - LOVE this girl too!!


Janaye, Abram & Mick


Ryan & I


Friday, we had a busy day of shopping planned. Shopping was on Logan's list of things to do. We began @ Target so they could get their school supplies. We followed that up with a trip to Kohls & then Famous Footwear. Then it was time to break for lunch. I took them to Planet Sub...YUMMY!!! They were all very impressed with lunch! MORE SHOPPING....we went to TJ Max and then Old Navy. The Old Navy store has manikins in the front of their store and every time we go there, Rylee gets so excited to see "her friends." She has to go up and hug all of them. It is pretty cute. I think she and Corbin were all shopped out so they decided to pose with the manikins. Corbin was very good at it. At one point, I freaked out because I couldn't find him. I looked up and there he was, standing with the manikins.....he looked just like one of them. Here is a picture of them....



That evening we were having a Mexican Fiesta at our house. Tacos, salsa, guacamole, rice, margaritas, etc. It was wonderful!! We followed that up with some cards. My mom and Lexie were being really silly....this is what my mom looked like after Lexie fixed her hair....



Saturday, we went to Summit Waves. It is a small water park not too far from Rylee's daycare. It wasn't terribly hot so it was a perfect day!! We all enjoyed the lazy river, the pool, and the water slides.

Logan


Corbin taking a break - he had a blast!!


Rylee & her MeMe


Lexie, fixing her hair


Logan & I


We had to leave the park around 2:45 because a storm was rolling in....good thing we went early so we could get our monies worth!!

On Saturday night, I made beer burgers & potatoes on the grill. Another yummy feast at the Krause house. Once again, we stayed up late playing cards.

Sunday rolled around and it was time for them to go home. I made them some breakfast casserole before they got on the road. I was very sad to see them go but so thankful for the 4 days we got to spend together. We hope to do it again next year.

The rest of our Sunday was spent cleaning, doing laundry and napping. Can't believe the weekend is already over.

Until next time....TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment