Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Susan G Komen - Race for a Cure

For the first time today, I participated in the Susan G Komen, Race for a Cure. What an AMAZING experience!!! I was part of a team that was walking for a good friend of the Krause Family. I took Rylee so we did the 5K walk. I think next year, I'd like to try and run it. Here are some pic's that I took...

Rylee getting ready for her first 5k


Good friends Richard & Aly


JB & Rylee


View of the back of the shirts of our Build-A-Boob Team


View in front of us....sooooo many people out to support such a great cause!


The view of people behind us


I am so glad I was able to participate in such a great cause. I will definitely do it again next year...might even have to try and run it!

After the race, we head to Uncle Arnie & Aunt Dana's house for some breakfast. They are in the process of finishing their basement so that is where Ryan was. Rylee and I hung out with Aunt Dana for the rest of the morning. It was so nice to just relax and chill for a change...plus, I never just get to hang out with Dana anymore!

Rylee and I then proceed to Wal-Mart to get a few things....a word of caution: NEVER, go Wal-Mart when it is Tax-Free day in Missouri!!! Almost too much for me to handle! Then we had to run by the grocery store and then home for a nap! I enjoyed a much needed 3 hour nap with Rylee...can't remember the last time I got to do that!! It was so nice!

Now, I must get back to hanging up the pictures, finishing laundry and starting supper. I can't believe the weekend is almost over and it's time for work again tomorrow. YUK!!!!

Until next time...TTFN!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you had fun at the Susan G. Komen race. I have done it for he past four or five years (I can't remember which) and we always have a great time. This year will be the first time that Sophia will be with me (besides when she was in my belly) and I can't wait. The race comes to Phoenix in October.

    ReplyDelete