Rylee and I headed out early on Friday to make it to Wichita in time for my cousin Sean's wedding. I only have two cousins left to get married off......now John William is the last on standing! There have been very few weddings that all the White Cousin's have been in attendence so I was very excited to see everyone.
My pretty princess all ready for the wedding
Rylee with her MeMe
PaPa & Rylee
Me and my little girl
Mom, Rylee & I
Rylee, Dad & I
All 13 of the White Cousin's - Pretty good lookin' bunch if I do say so myself
Now with the bride
Ash & Rylee - bestest buddies
The beatiful bride and stunning groom
Saturday morning we got up and headed to Winfield to spend the rest of the weekend at the lake. It was pretty cloudy when we left Wichita but I had hopes that it would clear off. Unfortunately, that DID NOT happen!! We had about 3 hours of clear skies and then the flood gates opened up. It rained and it rained and it rained!! We were stuck in the trailer all afternoon and evening. And believe me, being couped up with a 3 and 4 year old is not all that great......the girls were going nuts! They wanted to play outside so badly!! We decided around 8pm that we'd head into town and get some ice cream....at least give them a little break.
The girls playing in the dirt
The girls ready for a boat ride - unfortunately, mother nature had other plans!
We woke up on Sunday and what do you know, it was still raining!! It didn't appear to have any chance of clearing up. So unfortunately, we all decided to cut our lake stay short and head home. I decided to come back to KC since we'd be stuck in the house all day at my parents. That way we'd get to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening with Ryan!!! The sun was out when we got back to the city so I decided to take Rylee swimming for a few hours since that is all she wanted to do while we were at the lake. She enjoyed being able to swim, even though it wasn't too terribly sunny out.
We spent the rest of the evening letting Rylee do some fireworks in the back yard. The sparklers were a bit hit. Unfortunately, it was very windy so we were having a difficult getting thing lit. We decided we'd just save the rest for a better evening. We watched some fireworks in the surrounding areas from our back yard but it was cut short by the rain. Rylee and I curled up on the couch and finished our evening with a movie.
Ryan had to work on Monday so it was just us girls for the day. I'm not sure Rylee felt all that well so we didn't do a whole lot. It was a very relaxing day, which I think we both needed!! Daddy joined us for a movie before it was time to hit the hay. Even though its a short week, it's gonna be busy!
This is what happens at breakfast after a long weekend!!


No comments:
Post a Comment