Well, Miss Rylee had a very big day today. Our day started with her 3-year appointment with the dentist. I started taking her when she was 1-year old and we've gone every 6-months since. However, this was going to be the first time they were going to clean her teeth. I wasn't sure how it was going to go but we go to a wonderful Pediatric Dentist here in Lee's Summit so I was hopeful she would do great!
It took quite a bit of bartering to get her to sit in the chair all by herself. Once we accomplished that feat, they next thing was deciding whether or not to have x-rays of her teeth. She was 100% fine with them taking pictures of her teeth but she DID NOT want to wear the protective cover. We started first by just covering her legs and then she finally decided it would be OK to cover her chest.....just as long as lamby got to participate as well. She did GREAT during the x-rays. Next up, the cleaning. Now this part, took lots and lots of convincing before she agreed to do this. Then it was time for the doctor to come in. Now the doctor doesn't have 45 minutes to sit and wait for my little one to open her mouth and decide its OK for her to do her thing. So needless to say, the 5 minutes with the doctor was a bit brutal. She did a lot of crying and fighting us. I had to hold down her hands and the hygentist had to hold her feet. It was not pretty. But once the doctor was done and she was in mommy's arms, she was fine.....that and the yummy popsicle they promised her. Sorry I don't have any pictures to post....way to much going on during this 1-hour visit to the dentist.
Next up....SWIMMING LESSONS!! And oh my was she so excited about this. She wanted to wear her swimming suit all day and was NOT happy when I wouldn't let her. Daddy had her all dressed and ready by the time I got home for week. Her lessons started at 5:30 so I really had to book it home in order to make it on time. We arrived at the YMCA in Blue Springs and the excited exploded...especially when she saw the swimming pools. She was ready to jump right in but we had to wait a few minutes before they got started. Now, I know she isn't afraid of the water.....she's a little fish! BUT, I wasn't sure how she would do in the water without Mommy or Daddy. That would be a first! I debated on whether or not she was ready for the Pre-School session and the lady told me if she was 3, she was ready. Can you tell I was a little nervous?!?!
Here is a picture of the munchkin waiting patiently to get in the pool.
Here she is sitting on the side with her other classmates.
FINALLY, she gets to get in the water...
Oh how she loves the water....She did absolutely great in class. She was the youngest one in the class I believe and probably one of the ones that was the least afraid! Can't wait to see what she learns on Wednesday!
This is what we looked like on the ride home...just chillin' in her car seat.
Good times at the dentist and swimming lessons today!!
Until next time....TTFN!


No comments:
Post a Comment