Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bad Blogger

I am so sorry that it has been almost two months since I posted anything. A lot has gone on since the beginning of March, both good and bad!!

We took possession of our new home on Tuesday, May 26th. By that Friday, we were all moved in. We absolutely LOVE our new home!!! Rylee adjusted very well to her surroundings!!

On Sunday, May31st, we took Rylee to see Thomas the Train in Baldwin City. We went with Ryan's older brother Cody and his family. We had a great time!! Will post pictures of the trip later. That afternoon, Rylee headed to Caldwell with my parents for 9 days!! It was so hard to see her go but I knew she was in good hands and that she would have a fabulous time!!

On Thursday, June 4th, Ryan and I left for Cabo San Lucas. We went with Scott & Angie Hemme, Kent & Jen Hemme and Richard & Aly Beerman. We came back to KC on June 9th. Again, I will post pictures later.

Rylee started her new school on Thursday, June 11th. The first few weeks were a little rough as she DID NOT want me to leave her there. However, she just LOVES her new school and all her new friends. I'm thankful to have found such a wonderful place to care for her while we are at work.

We spent the next week or so trying to get settled into our new home.

On Sunday, June 21st, we were spending a great afternoon at Cody & Sara's house for our nephew Jackson's 3rd b-day party. What a great day we were having....

Then about 5:30pm, we received news that has forever changed our lives. Our dear family friend, Scott Rice, was tragically take from us. He was 45 years old and leaves behind wife Kirstan, daughters Logan (16) and Lexie (13) and son Corbin (8). I will post his picture and obituary shortly.

Rylee and I then spent a week in Caldwell to be with family and friends during this most difficult time. Please continue to pray for the Rice family!!

That is all I have for now. I just wanted to let everyone know that the Krause's are still alive and well. Now that the craziness of selling a house, buying a house, moving and going on vacation are behind us, I should have more time to keep up with this blog.

Until next time....TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment